Something we all sit and ponder over for hours is what we will pack in our hospital bags. Its an age old question no one can seem to get right or help you with, you have to get ideas from everywhere and everyone before you even have the slightest idea of what you’ll take.
Firstly remember everyone is different some people have a natural birth whilst others have c sections, some people dance there way through labour whilst others scream, I happened to fall somewhere in the middle, where I didn’t scream but I also didn’t have one of those amazingly peaceful labours you see all over Facebook.
So with everyone being so different of course we will all need to take different things. Lucky for you and me , I have figured out what I didn’t use the 1st time and have spent a lot of time researching (watching YouTube and joining everyone mum’s Facebook group there is) that I think I have come up with a list of things that you may want to consider packing in your hospital bag.
- Birth Plan and Any cards or numbers you may need
- Slippers/Socks with grips
- Hair ties or if your short haired like me a headband
- Comfy pajamas or a Big T-shirt
- Music or Ipad whatever you would do in your spare time to help room seem more homely
- Your own pillow
- Granny undies or Depends or both
- Comfy clothes for afterwards (nothing to tight as you don’t want to hurt your VAGINA)
- Pads Pads and more Pads (I am not even joking i used nearly a whole packet in my 1st 24 hours, some hospitals to provide them)
- Lip Balm
- Toilet wipes or paper as its tender down there.
- Face Wash
- Body Wash
- Padsicles (pads with aloe vera gel and witch hazel)
- Nipple Cream/BreastPads
- Bottles if not Breastfeeding
- Easy to Feed tops
- Water Bottle as I hate drinking out of cups and having to sit up to have water.
- A change of clothes x2 you don’t want hubby to be soaked afterwards if you choose to use the shower
- Snacks my hubby is a type 1 diabetic so snacks are especially important
- Energy drinks or coffee
- Water Bottle
- Thongs and shoes
- Change to use in vending machines
- Chargers for phones and Ipads
- Nappies and Wipes
- Muslin Wraps
- 00000 clothes
- 0000 clothes
- Going home outfit
What are your hospital bag essentials?
Please leave a comment below and tell me what you want me to write about next.
The Lazy Mummy
Above photo is a bag from Iconic